2019 Happy Workplaces Conference13th June with optional masterclass 14th June 2019 | London
Transform your organisation – learn how to create a happy workplace with a no-blame culture based on trust and autonomy
Henry Stewart, Founder and Chief Happiness Officer at Happy, speaks to the Eth Word about giving your team freedom within clear guidelines.
The evidence is clear: happy workplaces perform better in every way.
Studies have shown:
- Workplaces with happy, engaged staff are 22% more profitable
- For every 2% increase in how happy employees are, revenue grows by 1%
- Investing in great workplaces compared to the standard stock market over the last 25 years would give a 3.5% increase in return
- Happy employees miss only 3.9 days of work on average due to sickness each year compared to the 10.7 days missed by disengaged employees
- Organisations with the most engaged employees have 26% lower employee turnover and 20% less absenteeism
- And it’s true of the public sector, too – for every 96 deaths in a happy and engaged hospital, 103 people die in a hospital where staff are disengaged and unhappy!
That’s why we are committed to helping you to create a happy, engaged workplace – find out how you can change the culture of your organisation in our conference with optional masterclass.
"Imagine a workplace where people are energized and motivated by being in control of the work they do. Imagine they are trusted and given freedom, within clear guidelines, to decide how to achieve their results. Imagine they are able to get the life balance they want. Imagine they are valued and held accountable for the work that they do, rather than the time they spend at their desk. Wouldn’t you want to work there?"Henry Stewart, Author of the Happy Manifesto and CEO of Happy
Day One: Conference, held at Friends House, Euston
The conference will be held at the Light in Friends House, directly opposite Euston Station in central London, and a stone’s throw away from King’s Cross and St Pancras International Station.
The Light is an award-winning contemporary events space, and is flooded with natural light. The venue is fully sustainable – Friends House uses 100% renewable energy and has a zero waste policy, achieved year-on-year.
Friends House is fully accessible and welcoming to all, with three designated on-street parking bays for blue badge holders outside on Endsleigh Gardens. The main entrance on Euston Road is accessible to all and has step-free access. The Light itself incorporates the highest specification for accessible spaces in the capital. Click here to read detailed accessibility information on the Friends House website.
Full address: Friends House, 173 – 177 Euston Road, London NW1 2BJ
Day Two: Optional masterclass at Happy’s training centre, Aldgate
Day two is an optional masterclass hosted by Henry Stewart – restricted to just 20 people. The focus will shift to the practical ways to create a happy workplace and creating your own personal action plan that you can implement back in the office. This will be held at Happy’s fun and welcoming training centre in Aldgate from 10am to 4:45pm.
Full address: 3rd Floor, 9 Alie Street, London E1 8DE
- How a focus on happy employees can drive business results – the framework that makes this happen
- Discover when people work at their best, and simple steps to enable that
- How to play to your people’s strengths to boost engagement and productivity through the business
- How to increase trust and job ownership, within clear guidelines
Like day one, this will include lots of practical discussion – share ideas, best practice and tips on engaged and happy workplaces.
Head of People Experience and Development, Sky UK
How to Make HR More Human
Ten Great Examples From Some of the Most Democratic Workplaces on the Planet
Managing Director, COOK
Creating Growth by Placing Relationships at the Heart of Business
Managing Director, Advanced Technology Solutions
Applying the Happy Manifesto in the Manufacturing Sector
Alison Sturgess Durden
Director, Business and Organisational Development, Mayden
Managing the Work, Not the People: Mayden’s Journey from Traditional Hierarchy to Autonomous Teams
Head of Customer Service, Sure Petcare
Creating Great Customer Experience Through Happy Workplaces
Founder and Chief Happiness Officer, Happy Ltd
Let’s Get Real on Empowering Our People
Group Managing Director, Happy Ltd
The Pursuit of Joy at Work
Feedback from the 2018 conference
- “The speakers were amazing”
- “Great insights from other organisations”
- “Some fab and very inspiring speakers. Variety of things covered. Lots of ideas which I can take and apply at my workplace… Very happy day!”
- “Challenged my thinking, rather than giving me information”
- “Exactly what I wanted – lots of tips I can take back!”
- “Thank you for an inspiring and enjoyable day on Thursday; I loved it! The speakers were full of great insight and the day was packed with fun moments which made for a thoroughly happy day.”
What you get:
- Breakfast pastries from 9am
- A full cooked buffet lunch, with a vegetarian option offered as standard
- Unlimited refreshments throughout the day – teas, coffees, juice and biscuits
- A workbook to use each day to record your ideas and reflect on how you can implement them in your workplace
- A goody bag with further information and exclusive offers
- Ultra-fast WiFi throughout the two days
Entry to the conference at Friends House in London on 13th June 2019 only.
Restricted to just 20 people
Entrance to the optional masterclass at Happy in Aldgate, London on 14th June only. Learn the key elements of a happy and engaged workplace and how to put this into practice in your organisation, hosted by Henry Stewart of Happy Ltd.
Full Access: Conference + Masterclass
Access the full event: 13th and 14th June 2019
Learn and be inspired by some of the world’s best workplaces on day one, and learn how to put it into practice on day two in the masterclass.